Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 18, 2011

Jozi Traffic

Jozi Traffic has become so unbearable...

So here i was this morning, for the umpteenth time driving on the M1 and thinking to myself and swearing (yes traffic sort of does that to me).. when the car infront keeps on hitting the breaks every 5 seconds, it pushes my my high blood to another level...
"One never gets used to this", after all these years I should be used to this, but I'm not.
and so.. it got me thinking...

I don't think the solution to Our problem is to have more tollgates on the road, what that is going to create is more debt and more people using their credit cards to pay off totally unnecessary debt and still have a lot of cars. because the way I see it, if we had a choice we would not be driving... really, I don't think that we all willingly want to be stuck in traffic, to tell the truth there's a lot of us who would rather not drive at all and be driven to and from work...

maybe Our Government can concentrate on fixing our transport system first and then see what happens...
If we really had an infrastructure like Europe, London we would not need to buy cars. a car has become a necessity, it isn't a luxury.. we use them because there is no way I'm going to be in 4 taxis in the morning and have the taxi driver as rude as ever and stand in a queue at the Noord taxi rank that meanders all the way to the street, and by the time I'm in the front, I'm late for work...

so increasing cost to travel isn't going to change anything if not the price of rice in China...
cost of living has become ridiculously expensive in Johannesburg, over and above the tollgates, petrol price keeps on going up, car parts need to be replaced... you know there is a lot of things... a car is like a baby...
I guess at the end of the day, who looks out for us, who has our best interest at heart?

In my state of frustration and at the realization that my salary will stay the same while my cost of living goes up, I have to wonder what we as society can do to protect ourselves, to intervene and have a say, after all we are the ones that will have to pay at in the end.. where exactly do you get a "thousand rand extra" to pay for tollgates, a cost that I classify as "unnecessary"...

I just had to voice my opinion, because I'm truly frustrated.. .I don't see a way out, just more problems...

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment